This episode of SANDCAST: Beach volleyball with Tri Bourne and Travis Mewhirter, features Florida State beach volleyball veteran Sara Putt, who has been competing for the Seminoles since 2016 and is one of the winningest players of all-time in Tallahassee.
On Friday, Putt and the Florida State 'Noles will be competing for an NCAA Championship, beginning with Stanford. On this episode, we discuss:
- Putt's six-year collegiate career, which began at Stetson and will alas be coming to a close this weekend
- Her childhood growing up, and how she "lived the dream in high school" driving up and down Florida to play in beach volleyball tournaments
- Her masters in nutrition, and the impact knowing what the best foods are for beach volleyball players
- This weekend's NCAA Championship, and if Florida State can bring home the first NCAA title in school history
- This episode, as always, is brought to you by Wilson Volleyball, makers of the absolute best balls in the game, hands down. You can get a 20-percent discount using our code, SANDCAST-20! https://www.wilson.com/en-us/volleyball
- This episode is also brought to you by CROSSNET, a fun new beach volleyball game, where beach volleyball meets four-square. It's an absolute blast, and is actually a great training tool as well. Use our discount code, SANDCAST, for 20 percent off! https://www.crossnetgame.com/
- This episode is also brought to you by Chasing Gold, a new non-profit founded by Matt Callahan and SANDCAST host Travis Mewhirter, aimed at funding aspiring Olympians to relieve the financial burden of traveling around the world. Read more and donate today at www.chasinggold.org!