On this episode of SANDCAST: Beach volleyball with Tri Bourne and Travis Mewhirter, we bring on host Tri Bourne, who just won his first AVP tournament in five years!
Since launching this podcast, Bourne has battled -- is still battling -- an autoimmune disease, enrolled in acting classes, hosting classes, improv classes, begun reading books regularly, authored a book of his own, and is back in the winners circle on the AVP Tour.
He speaks a lot on leveling up on this show. He certainly has himself.
On this episode, we discuss:
- The AVP Champions Cup Series, from week one to week three, culminating in his win
- Trevor Crabb hilariously guaranteeing a win at the Porsche Cup, for no explicable reason
- Reminiscing to when Bourne was diagnosed with the autoimmune disease, when he had to have the conversation if he was ever going to play again
- Bouncing back from a brutal first set loss to Chaim Schalk and Chase Budinger
- What the next few weeks will look like for Bourne and Crabb
Thanks, as always, for listening to the show. Be sure to give a shout to our sponsor, Wilson Volleyball, for making the show happen! Use our discount code, Sandcast-20 to get 20 PERCENT OFF!
Also, we published a book! It's called Volleyball for Milkshakes, and we'd love it if you bought a copy, or dropped a review. Every little bit helps your favorite podcast :)